Originally created for home use, the combination of music, images and movements invite you and your child to participate in an activity that fully engages the mind and body. The steady tempos, varied movements and intergenerational cast make MeMoves™ accessible to everyone, young and old, with a wide range of abilities.
MeMoves may be done several times a day if desired: Two to three sequences three times a day works well. Each MeMoves sequence is 2-3 minutes in length.
Current research indicates using MeMoves™ 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week over a twelve week period increases mirror neuron functioning in an autistic child, as well as, increased eye contact and imitative behavior.
“..calming, transforming, unprecedented focus accomplishment, and magical…MeMoves is a treasure.”
Claire S.Green Executive Director – Parent’s Choice Foundation
- When to use MeMoves:
- • Before school
- • Before bedtime
- • Prior to quiet, indoor activity
- • Before studying or homework
- • In the car
- • Prior to doctor visits or therapy sessions
- • Before stressful events or when anxiety is present
- • When you or the caregiver need a quick break
- When first using MeMoves™, we recommend parents/caregivers perform MeMoves™ with their child to encourage participation and to best determine which sequences best match your child’s abilities.